Wednesday 3 December 2014

‘I faked my death to test my popularity’- Bukom Banku speaks


Popular boxer and musician, Bukom Banku has confirmed that he faked the news of his death to test his popularity.

News of the Comedian's death through a supposed accident went viral on social media Friday.

The story took over the whole of Bukom – his native community in Accra – with details suggesting he died with two others.


Fans of the popular boxer rushed to his house to get confirmation of the rumour only to find out that it was a well calculated hoax.

Explaining the rationale behind his action, Banku told Starr News in an interview that the rumours were meant to assess whether he is indeed adored and appreciated by Ghanaians.

“When they told Ghanaians that I was dead all of them were crying.

“Right now, I think all Ghanaians love me too much, so I know I’m a big man in the country. I won’t apologise for this because now I know Ghanaians love me. So if I’m doing something Ghanaians don’t like, I will now stop. I told Ghanaians I was dying and they have showed me that they love me too much,” he said.


Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline.com/103.5 FM

No comments:

Post a Comment