Tuesday 21 October 2014

Confessed Brazilian serial killer says childhood sex abuse, women's rejection drove him to murder 39 people



The Brazilian man who confessed to murdering 39 people said his craving to kill started when he was sexually abused as a child — and the urge only got more intense when women romantically rejected him as he grew older.

Tiago Gomes da Rocha admitted last week to killing dozens of people, including teenage girls and homeless men, over the last four years in the city of Goiania.

The 26-year-old was arrested after police linked a gun in his home to the murders of six women this year.



Rocha's murderous urges started when he was 11 years old, he told the Sun from his jail cell.

"I had an ordinary childhood until I was 11. Then I was sexually abused by a neighbor," he said. "After that I felt like I was nothing.

"In a way I'm a victim here, too," he said.

His rage grew with him through his adolescence. When he reached adulthood, it peaked, he said."When I was 22, I couldn't stop myself anymore. It was like I had to do it," he said.

That's when he killed his first victim: a homeless person, he said.

Soon, he started targeting women and girls, he said. Some were as young as 14.

"I was rejected a lot in the past, so I directed part of my anger towards women," he told the newspaper.

Rocha said he shot many of his victims while speeding past them on his motorcycle. Some of the women were walking home when he shot them. Others were waiting at bus stops, he said.

"My mind went blank, but I would cry later," he said, noting that he was emotionless when he randomly selected his targets.He also stabbed prostitutes and robbed stores, he said. Footage from one stickup helped police nab the serial killer earlier this month.

Previously, Rocha's lawyers said he confessed to crimes he didn't commit after police aggressively interrogated him.

But the 26-year-old again confirmed that he was the killer to the newspaper.

"I want to ask forgiveness," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment